Sunday

Things that make you go hmmmm......


Life often doesn't make sense.  Just for fun, I'm making a list of things here that have boggled my mind lately, or at least made me raise my eyebrows...

It doesn't make sense that:

1) Sweet tea costs less than unsweetened tea at McDonald's.
2) We paid $7 for a snack sized veggie tray on our recent weekend getaway and only $4 for fried chicken strips (for our son).  Both prices were ridiculous, but come on.  At least they had the healthy choice, but the cost seemed almost like a deterrent.
3) Men often try to lift too much weight with poor form.  I can't stand to watch it!
4) Men only want to work out their chest and arms and pretend that the rest of their body is invisible.
5) Women are afraid to lift weights because they think they'll get bulky.  But somehow, slogging away on the treadmill or elliptical is going to make them melt away.  That is simply not true.  I'm working on changing this one for the women I know and train!
6) People think they'll get a different result if they do the same exact workout day in and day out.  Why would anything change if YOU don't change?  That's insanity!
7) People will buy their expensive coffees every day and eat out all the time, but not "have" money for something that could benefit them like a personal trainer or a gym membership.  
8) I have to fight with my children sometimes to get them to go outside and play.  I feel they should just WANT to do it.
9) We pack our schedules so tightly every day and forget what is really important.  We need to slow down.
10) Technology is changing our bodies for the worse.  I can look at someone's posture and be able to tell if they sit at a desk all day hunched over their computer or other device.
11) I recently saw a story about a lawsuit where a woman was suing DiGiorno pizza and one other company for the fact that their product had some trans fat in it.  So don't buy it, lady.  Personal responsibility here, people.
12) If something sounds too good to be true, it probably is, so why do we as a society continue to believe in crazy products and crazy diets?  I hate to tell you, but anything that promises a weight loss of 20 pounds in 20 days is something that you can't sustain your whole life and is probably not teaching any valuable lessons.  You'll end up gaining back your 20 pounds plus more if you aren't careful and don't change your habits.

Anyone have any "hmmmmm" things to add?  Let's hear them!