Monday

April Challenge- "Camaraderie"

I posted a fun FIT challenge for April in my latest e-newsletter.  It's simple, really:  At least one time this month, work out with a friend, spouse, loved one, stranger off the street, whoever.  It's time to test the power of camaraderie in your fitness journey.

For some people, a workout buddy is just what they need to inject a little motivation, accountability, a little social time, and just a little boost to do something that you maybe didn't feel like doing.  For others, working out alone is usually fine-- for me, I just plug in my tunes and away I go.  I like to chat with those around me, but don't usually need someone to motivate me.  If you are a loner, just try the camaraderie challenge once to see what it's like.

This is an easy challenge-- think of who you'd like with you and go to a new fitness class (like hot yoga or boxing), go for a walk or run, go hiking, find a new strength training workout and lift weights together.  Whatever you think of, make it fun and new because chances are, you'll do it again...and again....and again.  Before you know it, you won't have to think about it, you'll just meet up and do it.  Bodies will be changing for the better right before your eyes, all while having a good time with someone else.