Wednesday

You took your eyes off the prize....

I ran into an acquaintance at the gym last week and we chatted as she elliptical-ed away and I stretched.  After initial hellos, I asked her how things were going.  "WELLLLLLLLLLLLLL, ok, I guess," was the response, with a half-shrug.  "I guess I'm just not feeling motivated right now."  

My response: "You took your eyes off the prize, that's all."

Huh?  I elaborated that she must have forgotten her goals.  Or, at least, she isn't focused on them at this present time.  "Why are you doing this?" I reiterated.   Well, of course, it's the usual......1) Feel better  2) Look better   etc, etc.  Did I mention that she's a recent cancer survivor?  

Keeping your focus on WHAT you want, WHY, and HOW you will get it is the basis of your motivation.  Laser focus pulls you through the I-don't-feel-like-it kind of days and gets your butt out of bed early before the work day.  If your WHY is strong enough, nothing will hold you back.

I left her thinking that day.  The wheels were turning.  I could almost hear her say, "Oh YAH!  Now I remember what I want."

Keep your eyes on the prize.  And go get it.