Tuesday

Trying something new

With January approaching, we reflect on what has happened during the year as well as look ahead to the new year approaching.  As you reflect, think about what your highlights were this year.....what you can celebrate.....what personal or professional goals you met.  Then, think about what you didn't get around to doing yet.....what goals you still need to work on.  We all have both sides.

Looking ahead at the next year, what do you want to accomplish?  What do you want to TRY?  It is so much fun to inject new experiences into your life, whether it be with your family/friends or personally.

I tried several new things this year that I'm happy about, most of them fitness related:
-First was running two 5k runs this summer....not because I like to run, but to help others reach their goals; my daughter and a client.  What a sense of accomplishment for all of us!
-Secondly, I tried the local rock climbing gym twice and can't wait to go back!  That is a great, adventurous workout!  (I roped some clients into doing this once and my kids too!)
-I've taken yoga more to benefit my flexibility and peace of mind.
-This week, I got to take a Pole Dancing class as part of our staff Christmas party at the studio where I teach and rent training space. WOW!!!  I would do that again!  It was so fun and a great workout!

I haven't decided what new things I want to venture into in 2014 personally.  (I'm thinking about boxing class!?!)  Maybe more of what I just listed and also getting my family into fun fitness things that we can do together.  Professionally, I will be adding nutrition coaching to my business and leading more outdoor workouts in the community!

So, what will YOU do?  What do YOU want? Write it down.  Get specific.  Pick a goal or something to try and set a timeline and how you will achieve it.  Then, go get it!  Make it an "All Year" Resolution!