Sunday

It's hard to do it all.....

Life is a juggling act.  We are working on so many things each day that it can be overwhelming!  When we try to do too much at once, what do we really end up getting done in the end?  And what you DO get done- is it done to the level it should be or did you rush through it to get to the next thing on the list?

This translates easily to your health and fitness journey.  There are the two main parts to this-- exercise and nutrition.  In my experience, it is difficult to put your maximum energy and attention into both of these areas at the same time all the time.  At least for me, if I'm putting my max effort into my workouts almost every day of the week, the nutrition is still good, but not my full focus.  I falter here and there.  On the flip side, if my full focus is on everything I put in my mouth, my workouts are still good, but I can always do better.  There have been short spans of time where I felt harmony between the two, but it was hard to sustain that level for the long term.  It's a cycle.

I guess it's something to work on, but we're all just human and there's only so much we can do.  We are not machines.  The point being-  ease up on trying to change everything at once.  It won't work and then you'll just get frustrated or feel mediocre at what you did accomplish.  I want you to ask yourself, "What will I work on this month?"  Work on changes a little at a time and if you falter, forgive yourself and move forward.  

It's hard to do it all.