Friday

I'm never going back...



Have you ever been in a place where you've said, "I'm never going back THERE again!"  I have-- my old body.  Lately, I've been reflecting about all of the bad experiences and feelings that I used to have in my former, fatter self and I know that I will never go back there again!  I will never look, feel, or think like that again!

I will NEVER again:
- Stand in the store holding a size 18 shorts with elastic waist and wonder if these will fit or if I will have to go to the Plus department.
- Cry in the dressing room.
- Hate the way my clothes fit every time I put something on and then proceed to hide in something baggy.
- Chortle in disgust at the sight of my saddle bags in certain pants.  (Pants were always my arch nemesis when I was heavier!!!)
- Let food control me or pretend that food will make my day better.
- Be intimidated by the weight room or gym in general.
- Beat myself up about my body.
- Put my health last or feel guilty for taking time to work out.
- Tell myself that because I've had kids (3 of them!), I can't have a nice body.
- Say, "I can't...." without trying it first.
- Dislike the way my body looks in pictures.
- Hide from my true self just because I'm unsure about where I'm headed.

I will ALWAYS:
- believe in myself and my abilities
- push myself to reach new goals
- inspire those around me to live healthy lives
- take care of myself and in turn, my family
- live up to my potential and help others do the same

Make a contract with yourself.....what do you want to put behind you forever and what do you want to reach for in the future?  Once you pour your hard work into reaching your health and fitness goals, you will never go back!

Get FIT. Be FIT. Stay FIT.