Friday

One Year

I've been in business as a personal trainer for just over a year now!  It is a role that includes never-ending learning and I strive to educate myself constantly to stay fresh and current with the industry.  I'd like to share some things that I've learned not only as a trainer in my first year, but as a small business owner.

I've learned-
1) That we all forget to take care of ourselves.  It's very easy to put ourselves last.
2) That people REALLY want to stay in the "safe" zone and that it can be hard to try new things.
3) People may have different lifestyles and personalities, but have the same basic needs.
4) To listen closer.
5) To step out of my own comfort zone and take more risks.
6) More about nutrition and how many fad "diets" really have the same underlying concepts.
7) That starting a business from scratch is difficult, yet rewarding.  I like being my own boss.
8) That fitness is a tool to find inner strength, confidence, and is life changing, not just health changing.
9) To show people that they are stronger than they think they are.
10) That I get to be play a part in changing other people's lives for the better.
11) That if I do my best and help my clients to do their best and see results, my business will grow.

I'm sure that I could think of a hundred more things to add to this list, but those are some big ones.  Here's to many more life-changing years ahead!