Tuesday

Just one

Today, I ate a cookie that was as big as my face.  Peanut butter.  It was REALLY good.  I've been thinking about that cookie for a few days now.....it was one of those, "I'm really hungry for _____" moments.  Yes, I get those every now and again just like everyone else.  What may separate my cravings from someone else it that I can be in control.  I can have JUST ONE.  Oh, and I plan it into my week to have something like that.

Call it a "freebie, splurge, cheat," whatever.  If you stick with your tip-top eating for 90% of the time and have a treat 10%, you can still see results.  Sound too hard?  Well, if you break it down like this, it's not so bad:  I eat 5 times per day for 7 days of the week, so 35 times per week.  10% of that is 3.5.  I can technically eat 3.5 treats (small, reasonable portions) per week.  That's how I look at it.  When I do have something that isn't on my plan, I don't pig out to the max....I just eat enough to satisfy what I wanted to taste and move on.  The next meal or snack is back on the plan.

So, today, I was running errands with a hungry stomach and the idea of a cookie was screaming at me.  I didn't want a package of cookies or box of cookies or to even bake a batch of cookies...I wanted A cookie.  Something I could eat once and not be tempted by again.  I knew that the local Co-Op had a small bakery section with delicious looking fresh cookies, so I drove over there and got one.  One.  Then, done.

The lesson there is to make it an effort to go get your treat.  Don't keep it in the house or even buy a whole package of something because you'll have repeat eats.  Go get it-- buy ONE--(or a single serving bag of something)-- be done.