Friday

My friend Lanse

There is FIT-spiration around us every day.  I'm overwhelmed by people's amazing stories every day in my job as a trainer!  I want to talk about how my friend Lanse is inspiring to me and everyone around him.  When I first met my friend Lanse at the Y, he was just starting his fitness journey.  He was a really de-conditioned guy who was looking to make some changes in his life for the sake of his health and to serve as a FIT role model to his family.  Not only is he living that life of better health now, but HE'S LOST 100 POUNDS!  (The old fashioned way- no pills, no gimmicks, just hard work!)  Lanse brings his kids and wife to the gym so they can practice health and exercise together.  How great is that?!

Over the past several years, Lanse and I have gotten to know each other pretty well.  He is an ever-positive presence at the gym and is ready to light the fire under anyone that wants to get in shape.  Lanse went from "on the couch" to being a cycle class teacher and cycling-guru.  He is an ambassador for the Tour-de-Cure diabetes ride and recently had his story published here:  (It's a MUST READ!)

Lanse will be the first to tell you that living a FIT life doesn't happen overnight.  He will also agree with me when I say that you have to have a FIT mindset to go with the FIT physical self.  His persistence and passion impresses me and his attitude is contagious!  I think he is trying to pull people off their butts one at a time!

Keep going, Lanse!  I'm proud to know you!