Wednesday

I'll start TODAY: A call to ACTION


How many times have we told ourselves, "I'll start today."  Or maybe, it's, "I'll start tomorrow."  This applies to not just fitness, but anything that may seem hard or unappealing at the time....doing a home project, cleaning out the attic, tackling that big school project.  You can excuse yourself so easily and all of those "todays" and "tomorrows" turn into months or years and nothing has been accomplished.  In fact, you could be worse off than when you intended to get started.

My suggestion?  After reading this, shut off the computer and start something NOW.  I don't care if you look up a new recipe for supper tonight, take a walk around the block, get in your car to go to your gym, drink one less bottle of pop or skip dessert.  Do it NOW.  TODAY.  Don't have that all-or-nothing mentality that says, "Well, if I can't do it perfectly to my full potential, I will just do nothing." (Read my post titled All or Nothing about this.)

I recently read this awesome article about QUITTING tomorrow (instead of starting tomorrow).  It's a fresh way to look at things and how to get through something difficult by taking it day by day.  Instead of "starting tomorrow," you start today and "quit tomorrow."  Find it here: read it and take action!