Sunday

A testimony to life

I know and work with some pretty extraordinary people....how lucky is that?!  Recently, I wrote about my friend Lanse who has overcome some big odds to make healthy changes in his life and experience success.  Now, I'm sharing a new testimony from my client Kathy who is not only lucky to be alive, but who also has one of the most positive attitudes toward life that I've ever seen!  Kathy could easily have given up long ago with a dire prognosis, but chose to get out of bed every day and fight for her life....a quality life and a healthy life.  I want to mention that she's in her 50s, but has the tenacity of a twenty year old!  I won't go into detail on her health without her permission, but will ask her to be a guest contributor so she can share her story.  

"I started working with Kara in January to help tone up my muscles, lose weight and continue building bone strength. She was very thorough to understand my health needs and help set short and long term goals. The short ones I knew I could do but the long term were a stretch. They were my goals and it depended on how hard I wanted to work. My biggest doubt was doing a push-up, but she knew the steps my body needed to build up to those. On a good day I can do 30-T push-ups! Some are at an elevated angle but they are all plank-style. (No Knees!) My last visit before returning home for a visit I did 17-T plank-style out of 20, on the floor!! 

The challenge to increase vegetable intake was also the catalyst to pay better attention to my nutrition. It became the second focus of the program, it made sense to give myself a better chance at success. During this time Kara was there every appointment to meet me physically with what my body could manage that day. It all came together and today, March 20th, my pant size has dropped from a bulging 12 to a zipped up 8.  I am happy to have a record of my beginning and end measurements. The reference of success on paper is proof but the sense of accomplishment and positive energy I have is the reward. We can commit to do something great for ourself but we don't have to do it alone. I will continue what I have learned."


Keep going, Kathy!!  You inspire me!