Saturday

What's your kryptonite?

I'm sitting here at my parent's home enjoying a bit of quiet time before the busy festivities of the afternoon of our family Christmas.  The tins and boxes of goodies are out on the kitchen counter calling out to anyone that walks through there.  I can hear them now....

I've talked about holiday food before and how some things are tradition and that it's okay to have some of it....especially if it's something that you only get once a year.  Well, I believe that there are "kryptonite" foods that you just can't leave alone no matter how disciplined or dedicated you are (like me).  My kryptonite foods??  Molasses cookies and in general, all things peanut butter.  I just love them.  I don't usually bake those things because I will eat them, but this Christmas, I baked a batch of molasses cookies to share with everyone.  I even made them small.  Making something smaller isn't necessarily the answer for everyone because then you may pop one in your mouth and think, "Well, it was small, so I'll have another."  Before you know it, you are in the full "Blowing It" mentality! (See post titled "Blowing It")

How do you deal with kryptonite foods?  I've had a few molasses cookies, but I ate them slow and really tasted them.  I consciously felt it in my mouth and smelled it before I took a bite.  I think ignoring the calls from the goodie box can work sometimes, but not today.  I'll enjoy my cookie and promise myself not to take one every time I walk through the kitchen.  I will make healthy choices during my mealtimes.

What are some of your "kryptonite" foods?